Hello my beautiful sunflower patch!
Although quarantine has allowed most of us to slow down and take a deep breath, it also has made it easy for us to get lazy and stuck in our rut. It is important to have a morning routine that establishes discipline and inspires creativity.
When creating a morning routine consider the order in which you do things. For example, personally, I wouldn’t suggest immediately jumping into priority tasks first. I like to give myself time to fully wake up.
Here are a few suggestions of habits along with my daily morning routine.
When I first wake up I like to lay in bed for awhile and read my daily text from jw.org. Then, I recite my affirmations. I prefer an influence free morning so I have eliminated checking my social medias until later in the day. Honestly, one of the best decisions I have made.
- Improve your performance in physical activities
- Decrease your risk of injuries
- Improves flexibility
- Help your joints move through their full range of motion
- Enable your muscles to work most effectively
- Stretching also increases blood flow to the muscle.
MAKE YOUR BED
Reasons to make your bed every morning:
- Feeling of accomplishment.
- Increased productivity.
- Reduced stress levels.
- Your room will instantly look cleaner.
- Developing good habits.
DRINK A CUP OF ICE COLD WATER + VITAMINS
In the morning, before I make my legendary cup of coffee I like to start my day with ice cold water. Research shows that drinking about two cups of ice cold water can boost your metabolism by 30%.
I recently purchased a TALHYDRATION 64oz water bottle. Definitely one of my many favorite amazon purchases! Not only does it help reduce waste but, it keeps the liquid inside hot or cold for 12 hours.
- has a small lid for drinking
- has large opening for easy cleaning and adding ice
- is double wall insulated
- is condensation free
- is stainless steel
- has leak-proof lid
- has a rubber grip handle
WASH YOUR FACE
Products I use for my face:
- Simple. Refreshing Face Wash – https://amzn.to/2CB7o2h
- Essential oils OR The Ordinary – This usually depends on how my skin is behaving. (The clickable link is from amazon but the ordinary line is also found at Ulta Beauty stores for a lower price).
CHECK PRIORITY TASKS + JOURNAL
Everyday I like to make a list of important tasks for my day(s). Some days I already have a list of things to do written in my planner. Other days I will write and plan my tasks for the day within my daily journal.
I have adopted Aileen from Lavendaire’s “Morning Pages” habit but adjusted it according to my personal preference. If you’re interested in my journaling techniques be sure to check out my “Flow Journaling” blog post.
Some meals I enjoy eating for breakfast are:
- Breakfast Smoothie
- Eggs and Avocado
- Smoothie Bowl
- Fruit Bowl
I hope you gained some valuable information from this morning routine.
I’d love to hear about your own morning routines!
Mayo Clinc. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/in-depth/stretching/art-20047931